Spring semester 2010

I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off!

My semester just started on Wednesday and I am already booked solid. This does not even include school and study time.

I had some paper work to do for my internship, I love being an intern and I will do pretty much whatever needs to be done. Which is why I ended up with the task to enter clothing inventory for 70 people into a spreadsheet.

It’s seriously been taking me forever. But I have to just suck it up and do it.

I have been having some AMAZING eats.

The wonderful lovely people at Pom Wonderful sent me a few samples of  100% Pomegranate Juice.

Despite all the amazing antioxidants the juice contains I had a hard time adjusting to the tart taste of the juice.

So I decided to mix it up a little.

Clear Splash+ Pom Wonderful = AMAZINGGGGG. It was sooo much better than soda. My taste buds had a field day.

I hope I don’t start looking like

[Source]

Because I have been killing some serious spinach.

Burrito style

Corn+ Tabouli+ Plain non-fat yogurt+Potatoes+ Spanish ( cooked)+ Peppers + Corn

Wrap style

Tj’s horseradish hummus+ Spinach and potatoes combo

And my fav combo

FETAAAAAAAA

I am obsessed. And when I get obsessed with something I eat it for three days straight…

Speaking of an obsession. Have you all tried Popchips?

[Source]

I snagged a bag at Costo last week- and I am SERIOUSLY obsessed! They taste AMAZING and the best part is that they are HEALTHY.

“We don’t fry it (unhealthy). We don’t bake it (undelicious). We take wholesome potatoes, add a little heat and pressure, and pop! It’s a chip. The only thing added is a flavorful blend of seasonings for a snack so delicious and crispy, you won’t even notice it’s (we hesitate to say) healthier.” Popchips

Obviously being at school does change my lifestyle I have all 8 am classes and I have not been going to bed till 2am most nights. This gives me about 4 hours of sleep, I don’t like to make a habit of this but my body will have to adjust. I have been sticking with my plan of watching what I eat and it’s been amazing so far. This month I have lost 5 pounds.

This is bringing me closer to my goal of having a healthy weight.

I may be eating less, but I don’t feel less full. My body lets me know when I am not eating enough- through the form of headaches. Not sure if this happens to anyone else, but it is annoying. Even if I am late eating a meal.

I have been hitting the gym everyday with low impact exercise, my injury is still feeling great. I am aiming to start running mid-feb.

Until then it is cycling and power walking at 4.5 with an incline of 5.

When I workout I feel attractive.

Happy Friday!!!!

Are you doing anything exciting this weekend?

This entry was posted in College, Diet, Fitness, Food, Health, Meals and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Spring semester 2010

1. Ameena says:

Congrats Sana on your weight loss! And I am glad your back is doing well.

I haven’t tried Pom before or Pop Chips. I really want to try both though! Especially Pom. I saw someone mix it with seltzer for a little mocktail. Is that what Clear Splash is? Looks good!

2. kbwood says:

congrats girl!! i agree-working out makes me feel strong and determined!!

i won a popchips giveaway and im SO PUMPED now!!! i am dying to try the BBQ flavor!

3. lowandbhold says:

Feta is like the best thing in the world. I love it.

4. Shelley (findinghappinessandhealth) says:

love pop chips!! and i am sorry about all the stress- hope you have a good weekend
    xoxo
    shelley

5. Erin says:

Yum — isn’t pom juice the best? I recently discovered it and love adding a splash to sparkling wine for an extra-special cocktail. :D I also love just the pom seeds mixed with other fruits or sprinkled onto cereal. Mmm…

6. fromatopink says:

Must find and try Pop Chips. And Pom juice. Must.

7. Yasmin says:

Did you mean Spring *2010* in the title ? ;)

Regardless, great news on all fronts! I know what you mean with the eating– ever since classes have started, I’ve been finding myself relying on more bars. Must change this.

8. Karla says:

Congrats on the weight loss! That’s very exciting!! Keep it up!
    I love pop chips! They’re so light and delicious! I’ve never tried POM or any other pomegranate juice, sounds tasty though :)

9. whydeprive says:

I feel great when I workout too!!

Dont worry, I eat spinach daily and I dont look anything like Popeye. Actually, if I flex my muscles no one is allowed to touch them because they sink!

10. Sara K says:

Popchips are the best! You should try the parmesan garlic flavour! 8am classes- wowwww girl, you are dedicated. My first one is usually at 9:10 and it’s a drag for me even though I am an early riser.
    Glad you’re having a good start :)

11. Oh so many things to love on this post (feta! spinach! Pom!) I think my favorite is your last line: “When I workout I feel attractive.”

HECK YES! More power to you lovely!!!

12. Marissa says:

I have a spinach addiction too! yum!!

13. Katie says:

Congrats on losing 5 pounds!! That is awesome!

My coworkers call me “Olive Oyl” because I eat so much spinach…Popeye’s female counterpart. :-)