I have taken a lot of kickboxing classes, pre-injury I used to take Tae Bo classes 3 times a week. Post injury I am taking LA Boxing classes 3 times a week.
There are a TON of kickboxing classes and it is important to find on that fits your style!
If you find something that works for you, you are more likely to go to class and have FUN as opposed to be miserable for a hour.
Here is a simple chart to compare “logistical” issues for each class:
- Equipment needed ( gloves and wrap) for some reason the wraps take me FOREVER to put on!
- The workout is at your OWN pace!
- Punching the bag is FUN!
- Lots of 1:1 attention, the instructor always comes over to help correct you on the routine.
- Medium energy workout
- Individual workout- go at your own pace.
- Less sweaty ( Supersana sweat-meter)
- No equipment! You just gotta show up!
- Very choreographed workout.
- Air punching is interesting.
- The routine changes quickly so the instructor has no time to come over and look at your form.
- High energy
- Group workout- everyone is doing the same thing.
- More sweaty ( Supersana sweat-meter)
Find a workout that fits your style! I must say I have REALLY gotten into punching a bag at LA Boxing. It just feels good to make contact with something!
Have you taken either workout class?
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
and tagged LA Boxing
, Tae Bo
. Bookmark the permalink