The Simple Life

image

[Source]

I know what you are thinking, and no this post won’t involve a kissing booth.

On a typical day I am out of the house for more than 12 hours. Between teaching group fitness classes, taking 2 hour long Biochemistry classes and writing for the occupational healthy living blog, I have my work cut out for me.

At the end of the day, I want food and I want it now.

To me healthy living should be simple. We don’t need long lists of ingredients that no one can pronounce.

Simple ingredients that are not disguised in cafeteria lunch meat.

image [Source]

It is about ingredients that we can touch and chop up in the comforts of our own home.

Picture 632

Picture 636

Picture 637

Picture 644

There is nothing sweeter in life then sweet potato fries.

Picture 634

The simple life is enjoyed with tofu pressing friends

Picture 642

I like my tofu like I like my friends, sweet and simple.

Picture 641

Picture 639

Honey BBQ Baked Tofu

Picture 633

We should all know the ingredients of our meals and the contents of our purse. Ahem, Paris.

What are the ingredients to your simple and healthy life?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to The Simple Life

1. Great post! My husband, friends, running, and a good sports bra.

2. Sana says:

@Fit Chick in the City: There is sucha thing as a good sports bra?!?!???! I am still on the search!

3. Travis says:

Family, friends, fiance, being out in nature, working out, booze. Okay, booze isn’t very healthy, but in moderation it’s great, and it sure does keep things simple ;)

4. Ameena says:

Cute post – I love the tie in at the end! Paris definitely needs to investigate the contents of her purse a little better.

Brown rice, lots of walking and yoga, peach salsa, and dark chocolate. I really don’t need much else!

5. Monet says:

I’m all about a good sports bra…and good sweet potato fries! I try to fill my days with my husband, laughter, apples and lots of broccoli. I just love that vegetable. Thank you for sharing another great post with us. You are one sweet woman!

6. hira says:

long walks, water, fruits and vegetables, family and dear friends–and of course, God.

7. I like the expression on your friend’s face. He’s like, “Simple? Who, me?” :) And also, a giant heck yeah to the sweet potato fries.

8. Jess says:

I can totally sympathize with your 12 hour days…I work 16 hours a day every other Sat and Sun. You should see the lunch box (or shall we say cooler) I lug with me. 16 hours is a long time and I work in a hospital, and I have a soft spot for their really gross cafeteria food. It’s gross, yet I like it. So by bringing a huge amt of food I save myself the temptation of doing something that’s really bad for me.