It’s not me. It’s you.

Or is it me?

Let me backtrack.

Biking has my main form of cardio for the past few weeks. It’s fun, it’s hard and totally baller.

I have been biking around for the past year.

I biked all over Europe. Amsterdam

image

and Switzerland

image

I biked in D.C!

image

And riding around with my friends

image

As much as I love biking, I have taken a few spills.

image

I fell in the middle of the street while biking in Amsterdam.

I fell while biking on the National Mall.

I fell while biking around a bend.

And yesterday I fell flat on my face as I was going around a couple walking their dog.

Yeah, it hurt.

image

I am still not sure if it’s me or the bike, but I think a break in every relationship is a good idea.

image

So I am going to hang up my helmet for a bit,

It’s been real.

Oh and if you do bike, always wear a helmet.

And I am pretty sure it’s not me.

This entry was posted in Fitness and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to It’s not me. It’s you.

1. I have had the same experience with my bike, lots and lots of falls. This is the main reason I am not a Tri-athelete and just a runner.

After bigger falls, I have taken breaks, which have been for the better, but I always get back on. Enjoy your break, and remember it will be just as easy as riding a bike when you get back on ;)

2. Sana says:

Funny thing. I was actually thinking about doing a bike race, right before I fell. Hahaha, I guess it’s just not in the cards right now!

3. Debbie says:

Aw, I don’t think it’s you. After all, I’ve actually fallen off from my SPIN bike once. A SPIN bike! One that doesn’t move! (I’m pretty sure this one was my fault haha)

4. Rebecca says:

I fall off my bike all of the time, usually in front of large groups of people. In fact, it is only because that I am on a forced ‘break’ from running that I have returned to biking after more than a year’s vacation.

Hopefully your break from your bike leaves you refreshed and raring to go when you get back to it! I know that my time away from running always does.

I am on a forced break from all exercise that causes me to be injured. So I walked 3 miles today. And I got attacked by bugs. NOTHING IS SAFE.

5. Kiran says:

Aww.. girl, feel better soon. Love your biking adventures! I am a biker/cyclist myself. I have a sister residing in Amsterdam. The cyclists rules EU roads :D

6. Awww…maybe your legs just want to be walking for a bit and are rebelling on you.

7. SIL says:

I’m getting sick of the treadmill (a little) and thought a bike would be a good idea until I remembered what a klutz I am (and how most Okie’s are horrible drivers and I’m scared of getting run over). I’ll stick to the treadmill til it gets cool enough to head back outside!

8. avery says:

I am the BIGGEST klutz ever and also an avid cyclist. Dispite putting on over 1000 miles on my bike ever summer for the past 10 years. I STILL fall here and there. The falls are usually more embarassing than painful, though : ) Take a break from the bike and come back to it with all the confidence you’ve got!

I always wear a helmet, just like you advise, even if it wrecks my hair : ) I’d rather have wrecked hair, than a wrecked nogin. : )

I rode without a helmet in D.C and Europe, they don’t wear any…. but when I bike here around the lake I always wear one, I know my track record!

9. Annelies says:

Sana- I love your adventurousness in all those different cities! My MIL just returned from a cycling trip in France where she fell into a ditch and broke her nose. She rocked big black sunglasses looking one part stylish and one part hiding two black eyes. I want to start biking but a little nervous about doing so in SF. You are my bicycle hero right now.

I only bike around lakes! But yeah, I fall way too much! I am covered in bruises! I hope your MIL is ok!