Fun With Squishy Balls

Another Monday morning at work where I forget to grab some granola bars for breakfast. Since I can’t starve I bought some hash browns for breakfast.

2012-01-23_08-50-15_376

I did bring a lunch to work, and our microwave was acting funny, so I used it as an excuse to buy an egg salad sandwich instead of walking around to find another microwave. I am really lazy but the good news is that I can eat the lunch from yesterday, today!

2012-01-23_13-42-48_853

I also ate my lunch like I don’t post my life on the internet, oh well. It was delicious.

2012-01-23_18-56-49_118

After work, I took and ab class at my local gym. I know I teach ab classes, but I wanted to see if taking a class taught by someone else would be a different experience. Oh, it was an experience. The instructor kept referencing to us having fun with squishy balls, and I of course giggled.

Over all, the class made me appreciate my own class a lot more for the following reasons:

• I don’t do small talk. I don’t even introduce myself, we just get started.
  • I don’t sing along with the music…
  • I don’t make inappropriate ball jokes
  • I don’t have a 6-pack, I like being a work-in-progress
  • I am always sore after my own class.
However, I am glad I went because, the instructor made a few crucial points on form that even I can work on. And additionally, I hold longer planks when I am in front of the class teaching. It’s added pressure when everyone is looking at you and I don’t let myself drop

IMG_4924

After class I had the best salad ever. A packaged Costco salad and a chickpea avocado salad. I never rave about a salad so you know it has to be good.

IMG_4926

And I also had fried basmati rice for dinner with Trader Joe’s General Tso’s chicken

IMG_4925

And some ice cream that I ate in front of the space heater, clearly I can’t do cold ice cream in the middle of “winter”.

This entry was posted in Food, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Fun With Squishy Balls

1. Sara says:

Chickpea salad looks goood. Will have to try that with the avocados sitting on my counter…!

Are they ripe? My mom and I have been waiting all week to use the avocados we bought LAST week!!!

• Sara says:

Nope…still waiting. The problem is I live alone and I got the costco avocados…which are huge. It’s going to be 48 hours of lots of avocado eating when they all ripen at the exact same time.

2. Anon says:

I have commented on this blog before and I must say it again, I love this site! How do you walk or exude such confidence when people comment about your weight/what you eat? I’m having a blah day and I don’t want to go outside. Sometimes, when I feel like I’ve overeaten on the weekends, come Monday, I fear my jeans won’t fit and I stay in, which continues this vicious cycle. How do you do it? How do you feel/act like you own the room? I guess all I’m saying is, you’re admirable and it’s amazing! :)

1) Ditch the jeans. Either buy a bigger size or wear yoga pants. You will never feel amazing if you try and squeeze yourself into a pair that is tight. I bought a size up in jeans and I feel amazing.
      2) Honestly, I eat food that I like some of it is healthy some of it is not, I won’t waste calories on things that don’t taste good.
      3) I have an awesome personality and even if I am overweight, I trying to figure out what works for my body and not everyone needs to know that <- self confidence rules
      4) Yes, I have terrible days, that is why I own baggy clothes, not every outfit needs to be form fitting even if you are at your goal weight or not.
      5) Finally weight loss/gain has almost nothing to do with eating and exercising. I know I gained weight because I am unhappy with my major in college and because I fractured my spine and I can no longer lead an active lifestyle. However, I am slowly working on those things and with that I know my weight will either come off or I will deal with it.

I hope this helps, thanks for reading :)

3. Prathiba says:

Packaged salad from Costco?? Details, please. I def want some of that action! (Putting together salads is one of my least favorite activities.)

4. Army Amy* says:

Chickpea and avocado sounds like a genius combination!*

5. Masha says:

I have read your blog for a while but have never commented. Just wanted to say that your attitude towards weight is really very inspiring!

Thank you so much for reading :) I think I have an healthy attitude because I am really happy with myself, I am not ashamed because I eat what I want and I am working on figuring out how I can workout safely without my back hurting.
      I know these things take time, and I am worth the wait.

I really enjoy hearing what you have to say so hopefully you will comment again in the future :)