The best part of getting out of lab 1.5 hours early yesterday is that I got to come home and make some egg pudding! The only mistake I made was sampling a bit too much before my PT appointment. Have you ever tried holding a plank with a belly full of egg pudding?
What you will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 can of fat free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Separate the egg yolk and egg white into separate bowls.
- Whip together the egg whites.
- Add in milk, sugar, vanilla extract and egg yolk.
- Mix well and set aside
- Make the caramel, on a medium heat add sugar and water.
- Stir till the sugar dissolves, immediately STOP stirring and remove caramel from stovetop once it is light golden. (10 mins)
- Pour caramel in to baking dish, add egg mixture till the top and bake for 40 mins at 350.
- After cooling to room temp, cool in fridge for 10 mins and loosen around the edge. Place a dish on top and flip over!
*EDIT: Congrats to Joy for winning a dozen Georgetown Cupcakes! Joy, send me an e-mail at supersana786 at g mail dot com with all the flavors that you want! Thank you all for entering!