Hunger Games and Eggplant Curry

I have been a bit busy for the past 24-hours. So on Friday night, Kelli took me to see the Hunger Games. For the longest time I refused to read the books or get caught up in all the Hunger Games action. Mainly because  I knew I would get hooked. And that is exactly what happened. I saw the movie and immediately bought books 2 and 3 because I needed to know what happened.

IMG_7456

So for the past 24 hours, I have been eating, sleeping and reading. And thankfully, I am done because now I can resume normal life.

I know I skipped book1 but, I just could not wait any longer to find out what came next.

When do the other movies come out? I can’t deal! This is why I hate getting caught up in something, the waiting game just kills me. Ooops, too soon.

IMG_7457

I still refuse to read/ watch Twilight.

For dinner last night we had Eggplant Curry.

IMG_7426

• 1 tsp garlic ginger paste
  • 1 long eggplant
  • salt pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 branch of cilantro
  • 1 medium onion
  • olive oil

IMG_7436

1. Make in advance:  tomato puree (2 cups for one long eggplant).
  2. Chop up eggplant into medium size pieces.
  3. Lightly brown a onion and add the garlic ginger paste.
  4. Finally add in chopped up eggplant, salt, pepper, and turmeric.
  5. Cook until the eggplant is tender and add lemon juice.
  6. Garnish with jalapeño peppers and cilantro.

IMG_7423

Have you read/seen the Hunger Games?

This entry was posted in Food and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Hunger Games and Eggplant Curry

1. Brittany says:

I haven’t read the Hunger Games yet, but I’m on vacay this week and thinking I should probably buy the first one and read it.

That eggplant curry looks amazing!!

You have to make it! It’s super easy! make sure you have some free days when you start reading the books, you won’t want to put it down. And I hateeee that!

2. Oh no! You must go back and read book one. They took so much out or changed things in the movie adaptation. The series is much better if you read the first.

Hunni sped through the three books after we went to the movie two weeks ago. It was fantastic to see him so interested. Glad to see you are enjoying them now too.

I was sooo impatient that I had to go on to book #2. But I will go back and refresh when movie #2 comes out :)
      I am just like your husband, only reading the books b/c of the movie!

3. Dan says:

2nd movie’s out November 2013.

4. claudia says:

it looks fab!! oh yea, what happened to those lovely sister videos of yours?? i miss the adventures!

Thanks! my sister and I just got super busy with school and stuff. We still have footage we plan on putting up and maybe resuming in the summer? Only I have the editing software, so it took a bit of time on my part to get videos up!
      Hopefully you enjoy reading my blog as well :)

• Claudia says:

Your blog is always enjoyable to read! I visit a number of times a day to see whether you’ve updated or not. I love it, especially since you said you don’t know how to diet but eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re full and add in exercise. It’s such a healthy and positive attitude! :)

:) Yep that is what I do. However, this only works well with some physical activity! I am going to wait till I am done with 6 weeks of physical therapy to update on what is going on with the injury. But thank you so much for reading, I really do appreciate it!

5. I just found your blog and wanted to say that I love your Banner! Awesome photo : )