Despite the fact that I live with 3, sometimes 4 other people that I am related to. I often find myself with an entire day to myself. (In other words, my family makes plans without me…)
I started off my solo Saturday with my favorite breakfast. Almond Milk French Toast.
After my lovely breakfast, I went to my monthly spa appointment. Facial, fingers and toes!
Oh and I found the perfect color. OPI Most Honorable Red.
Apparently spending the afternoon getting pampered is exhausting. I refueled with some fro yo and crab rangoons.
I had a special request for today’s recipe (last night’s dinner) from a certain-someone at work.
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Garlic Ginger Paste 1 tsp
- Onion 1 medium
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Pepper 1/2 tsp
- Tomato 4 Medium sized
- Oil 2 tbs
- 1 head of Cauliflower
- Make tomato paste: Cook tomatoes on a medium heat until they are soft and soupy. Cool to room temperature and blend into a paste. (Do in advance, takes about 45 minutes)
- Fry onions until they are golden brown
- Fry ginger garlic paste with the onions
- Add tomato paste, salt, pepper and turmeric
- Add a head of cauliflower cook until cauliflower is tender ( 20 minutes)
- Garnish with cilantro and dig in!
After eating and photographing, I spent the remainder of my evening studying. I managed to balance a bit of work and play into a successful day filled with delicious food, relaxation and studying.
How do you spend a solo day?