But first some food reviews!
Usually on the weekends, I tend to go all out for breakfast, you know eggs, pancakes, waffles and French toast.
But I totally forgot how delicious and and satisfying a bowl of cereal with a sliced banana can be.
It’s a good thing I saw a box of cereal that I snagged at Trader Joe’s on Friday. Strawberry Yogurt O’s with almond milk (chilled) is my new favorite breakfast!
I was not done with my Trader Joe’s goodies, I was originally planning on saving TJ’s Black Bean & Corn Enchiladas for lunch during the week, but I could not wait to try them!
When I first saw them on Allie’s blog I knew I had to check them out! Usually I am not impressed with the Mexican selection at Tj’s but the enchiladas were not lacking any flavor, especially when I added some cheese.
Aloo & Palak (Potato & Spinach) Recipe:
I love potatoes, and cooked spinach adds a creamy touch to the dish.
- Potatoes (4 medium)
- Spinach (3 cups chopped up)
- Onion (1 medium sized)
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- garlic ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- turmeric 1/2 tsp
- salt 1/2 tsp
- red chili pepper 1/2 tsp
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Peel and cut potatoes into bite sized pieces.
- Fry onion in olive oil until golden brown and fry ginger garlic paste.
- Add tomato sauce with salt, pepper, chili powder and turmeric.
- Cook potatoes with tomato sauce for about 1/2 an hour, cook on stove top under medium heat.
- Add spinach and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Serve with cilantro when everything is nice and tender.
What are your Trader Joe loves?