I know I have mentioned it on the blog before, but my body can’t deal with uncooked vegetables, sooo I eat them cooked!
I just decided that I am allergic to uncooked vegetables, yes I self-diagnose myself, I hear it’s quite common these days.
This Vegetable Biryani Recipe, is my favorite way to eat vegetables!
- 1 small onion
- 4 small to mid. size potatoes
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 cup tomatoes paste (make in advance)
- 2 tbs biryani masala (can find in any Indian grocery store)
- food color
- 1 lemon
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1tsp salt
- 5 cups of water
- 3 cups Basmati Rice
- Chop and fry onion in olive oil until it is golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato paste , biryani masala and potatoes (chop in advance)
- Cook for about 45 minutes until the potatoes are done.
- 35 minutes into cooking the potatoes, add in the peas.
- While the peas are cooking add in some lemon juice.
- In a separate pot, bring to boil water and allow the rice to cook 1/2 way.
- Add the 1/2 way cooked rice to the peas and potato mixture with a dash of food coloring and cilantro
- Tightly cover the pot and allow the rice to cook on a medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Mix and serve with greek yogurt dip.
If you like this recipe, checkout my recipe for chicken biryani!
What is your favorite way to eat vegetables?
Last week before finals! Let’s do this!