I don’t know about you, but how often do you see make-up commercial for someone with my complexion?
It’s a lot harder to find shades that compliment my skin, but I think I have figured out something that works for me!
I am also super lazy in the morning soooo I don’t really care what I look like as I am rushing out the door. It has taken me about 23 years to figure out what make-up I should be wearing and how to apply it.
I will be the first to admit, I have terrible skin, so I need all the help that I can get in the make-up department.
*Please note, I don’t think I am hideous and feel the need to hide behind make-up, we all have worse issues than terrible skin. I just feel like wearing make-up adds a little something to everyone’s natural beauty. Hahah men are just born with a little something extra?
Non make-up related things I have done to improve my skin:
- I get a facial every 2-3 months.
- I eat more fruits and veggies and drink more water.
- I try NOT to pick at my face (this is HARD)
- I wear a moisturizer daily.
Trust me, I don’t look like this on a daily basis- but this is what happens when I put some effort into my look (and actually do my hair):
Where to go for make-up help?
- I got all my products from Utla , Sephora and Estee Lauder because I was able to have a make-up expert apply the products on me before I purchased them.
- I also asked questions and got make-up application tips from the experts as they were applying the products on me. This is a FREE service, so take advantage of it!
- Additionally, I get a complimentary mini-facial from Origins to test out products on my face before I purchase them.
What am I looking for out of my make-up?
- Easy to apply
- Makes me look somewhat presentable
If you walk into any make-up store totally clueless, you can easily spend $200+ on products you don’t even need! So I usually go back the next day to purchase items I really like after researching prices online.
Here is what I have in my make-up bag:
Lancome Foundation-Sephora ( I am testing this out because I want a pump dispensed foundation)
Double Wear Stay In Place Foundation-Estee Lauder ( LOVED the foundation but I felt like I wasted a lot since I had no control over how much came out)
Make-up dissolving facial wipes-Ulta I have to admit, I HATE washing out make-up so I love using these clothes to do the dirty work for me.
Also, notice the lack of eye shadow, I have no idea how to apply it and so I just avoid looking like a clown by not wearing any.
I am by no means a make-up expert, I just wanted to share some of the products I love!
What is in your make-up bag? Thoughts on wearing make-up?