Weight Loss Diary 7.27.12

Weight Loss Diaries

Previous Weight Posts:

Weight Loss Diary 2.29.12

Oops I lost 10 lbs

Weight loss is a tricky subject for a lot of people to discuss and it really does vary from person to person. I know for me personally I can’t just stop eating out or give up dessert all together, it’s just not possible.

So instead I am just taking things one day at a time and making healthy choices as I go throughout the day.

I hope by sharing my progress pictures I can show myself as well as others in this journey that small changes can make a significant impact in the overall BIG picture.

Weight loss/gain does not happen overnight but we all have the capability to make changes happen every single day.

Things I am saying YES to:

• Eating at home, my bank account is thrilled.
  • Drinking more water, the heat has helped with this.
  • Walking with my mom in the evening, now that I am injury free this is possible.
  • Working out 2-3 times a week.

I know the two outfits look different in the comparison pictures, but I used the SAME camera and the same outfit for both of the shots.

Strange.

Anyways, a few people have commented on the fact that I have lost some weight and I have! It’s really great to see the effects of physical therapy working and the fact that I have been able to enjoy pain-free exercise.

Front:

Front

Side:

Side

Back:

Back

What have I been eating?

What workouts am I doing?

I love making up my own workouts, that is why I am so excited to be a certified personal trainer. I try to avoid setting myself up to fail even before my workout even begins by scheduling my workout while I am already out of the house and sticking to a 45 minute workout.

5 mins warm-up

20 mins cardio

5 mins cool down

15 mins strength training

This method  is really effective for someone who is just getting back into working out, planning a long and challenging workout can be overkill!

Lunch Break Workout

Playground Workout

I am not trying to lose weight to fit into a pair skinny jeans, I hate jeans. I am losing weight to be able to live a healthy life as long as I am alive. I want to avoid many of the diseases that are associated with being overweight, such as cardiovascular issues and diabetes.

I have been able to make changes in my overall life so that I am much happier. I am in a new program at my community college and I don’t feel the pressure to compete against everyone else and I am doing so much better in my classes!

IMG_9593

So far I am happy with the progress I have made but I know I have more work to do. I would like to come down to a healthy weight for my height/body and I know I can do it.

I don’t have a time limit set, but know I am on the right track.

Thoughts on blogging about weight loss? Inspirational or annoying?

This entry was posted in Fitness, Injury, Life, Weight loss and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Weight Loss Diary 7.27.12

1. My thoughts…I think it is inspirational to read about but I feel annoying when I write about my own struggles. Makes no sense really.

Yeah, I wanted to write the post since several people had asked, however weight is weird to write about. But I am happy with the way it turned out!

And weight loss is so strange, the scale does not change much, but I can really see the difference in the pictures :)

2. claudia says:

you’re truly inspirational and realistic! I love that you’re not giving up what you love to eat but making moderation but also not beating yourself up when you’ve had another serving or food or dessert or just simply overeat for that day! I love it, I love your blog, and you! I think you’re going to be a wonderful trainer, motivational, and you look great! :)

Thank you so much! Sometimes I have food panic, where I don’t know what is the healthiest option to eat for a meal but as long as I stick to home cooked meals and a special dessert/ snack at the end of the day I know I am doing something right!

3. Shannon says:

go girl!!! you look great! :)

4. I love that workout…just pinned it to try for later! :)

5. Sarah says:

Girl, that’s super inspirational. I’m still trying to drop the 40+ lbs that I gained during pregnancy, and it’s tough! I’m down 20, but getting the motivation to lose those last 20 is tough. I just feel like I don’t have the self control. I’m so glad to see your pictures and your point of view– because you are totally right. It’s not about having the perfect body, but being as healthy as possible.

I know you can totally lose the last 20! Sometimes the number on the scale terrifies me and I do feel like I don’t have control over what is happening, however small daily changes DO make a difference.

I like comparing pictures over a number on the scale because I can see progress over a number.
      Good luck!

6. Inspirational! I love hearing all about your results! You look FABULOUS! Keep it up! It keeps me moving towards my goals :) Love and Shine CourtStar

7. Khushboo says:

Wow you have made amazing progress, Sana- keep it up :) :)

Thanks girl! The number on the scale is pretty meaning less, I love being able to see progress :)

8. Maren says:

YAY! Girl you look awesome!

I’m a big fan of weight loss working when you do what’s right for you. Don’t follow other people’s diets or eating habits. Keep it up!

9. Minerva says:

Wow, there is definitely visible progress in those shots. I love weight-loss posts. I usually keep a few bookmarked on my browser for inspiration from time to time.

10. Sana I <3 you! You're doing SUCH a great job. Such an inspiration with a fab attitude to boot :)

11. Awesome job on the progress! You can definitely tell a huge diff in the pictures. Keep up the awesome job lady!

Thank you for the sweet comment! I like seeing where I am losing the weight so I can change up my workout routine!

12. Wow, Sana like I said before…’lil miss hottie tottie :) You have made small changes but reaped big rewards! It’s so refreshing to see someone making amazing progress but not subscribing to the ‘I-will-starve-myself’ or workout 4 hours a day or working out 7 days a week! It’s motivation for me as I am also on my own weightloss journey and your story is a great inspiration to just keep going, you will get there and those little changes that you think won’t make a difference actually do! You’ve made awesome progress Sana, keep it up and would love to read more about your journey! Your lunchbreak workout looks like a goodie, I’m gonna give it a go this week! :)

Hahah since I am fasting for religious reasons, I am starving myself! But honestly, I don’t workout more than 2-3 times a week and I am always excited to get to the gym instead of doing the same thing everyday!

Let me know how you like the workout!!

13. Pamila Paynes says:

wow nice story..

14. Hillary says:

You look awesome, Sana. Seriously, great work—seems like you’re taking this day by day and approaching it realistically and healthfully. Smart and effective!

I always second guess myself when I blog about my weight; I recently posted about weighing myself/counting calories (something I haven’t done in years) but was glad I did in the end. Turns out a lot of people have conflicting feelings about both of those techniques, and it was interesting to hear their perspectives!

Keep up the great work!

I think people have so many different opinions about weight loss is because it is a personal issue and not one method works for everyone. Otherwise we would ALL have our dream bodes. ;) For me personally, I know what works for me since I have lost weight previously (also related to my injury).
      I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey :)

• Hillary says:

You’re totally right, and that’s a great way of thinking about it, too. I also know what works for me personally (I’ve maintained a weight loss for about 7 years now), and I know what my limits are—I just need to remind myself of them every so often!

Good luck to you, too!