I am pretty sure I do NOT belong in a kitchen, other than to eat, of course.
Here are some examples of why:
- Sometimes I overcook Quinoa so that it is basically mush.
- I once forget to turn on the oven. And set the timer for 45 minutes, mind you this was for a dinner party.
- I also left oven mitts INSIDE the oven when checking on thanksgiving turkey.
- I once made mac and cheese FROM the box by adding the powder cheese mix to a pot of noodles with the water still in it. Mac and cheese soup?
- I don’t add enough seasoning when eyeballing a recipe, how exactly are you supposed to taste things with raw egg in them?
- Even with tons of cooking spray most of the things I make, end up sticking to the bottom.
- I burn cookies all the time.
- When cooking for a family of five I make enough food for 50 people.
- I don’t like cooking meat, because I have to keep checking to see if it’s done or burning. And I don’t want to give anyone food poisoning.
- I am scared of splashing hot water or oil on myself.
- And chopping onions? Why does it have to burn SO BAD???
- I can’t enjoy a meal that I made since I end up munching on all the ingredients and I am usually over it by the time the food is done.
- I leave the stove unattended while waiting for water to boil. It’s a good thing I don’t live alone…
- And I use wayy too many bowls, plates and spoons to make something that does not even require an oven.
- I don’t know how to separate the yellow of an egg from the white…I just crack an egg open and hope for the best.
- I am terrible at flipping things when I am pan frying, I usually push it over the edge and quickly use my fingers.
I could go on and on.
However, sometimes I can pull together a decent meal with the help of my mother who is concerned about how I am going to feed my future family.
Mom, let’s just focus on me, my future family can take care of themselves.
The other night I made some vegetarian enchiladas for the family, I underestimated how much filling I would need for 4 enchiladas. So we ended up with 4 delicious corn + black bean enchiladas and we had enough filling for at least 20 more…
Good job Sana….
Does cooking come naturally for you?