Dear Fasting Friends,
We have about 2 hours left till we can eat, so I suggest you all get started on making these deep fried tandoori chicken bites.
Why? Because everything tastes better deep fried during Ramadan.
And to my non fasting friends? Make these ASAP. You can also bake these if you are feeling healthy.
- 1 lb of boneless chicken cut into little pieces
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp Shan tandoor chicken masala or curry powder
- Olive oil
- Lightly coat the chicken in egg yolk.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and masala ( taste to see if anything is missing).
- Dip each chicken piece into the masala+breadcrumb mix
- Fry in olive oil till golden brown
Petit Amuse contacted me last week about trying a sample box of artisan treats. I have seen a bunch of different types of samples boxes on various blogs so I was excited to try them out.
I shared all of the treats with my family as part of our breaking-the-fast-meal yesterday. Here is what we got:
My mom was a fan of the chips, hello no cholesterol!
We skipped the jelly since it contained wine, but I will pass it on to some friends.
My siblings and my dad enjoyed the cookie, granola bar and shortbread. What I liked about the sample box was that it came with a list of ingredients so that we knew exactly what we were eating.
I recommend spending the $10 a month to try some new treats, however if you have some dietary restrictions like my family (no alcohol/ non-halal meat) this might not be the best option.
Thoughts on sample boxes?