I am taking part in the SEPTEMBER HEALTHY LIVING / FITNESS BLOGGER WRITING CHALLENGE, check it out and join in!
- I mentally commit to working out that day.
- Figure out a plan of attack: if I am working out in the am or pm? Indoor or outdoor workout?
- Assemble the troops, my entire family exercises on a daily basis so I always have someone to go with.
- I fuel up, even if I am going for a 45 minute I walk I make sure I have eaten at least a granola bar. Unless I am working out super early in the morning, then I don’t eat anything because I will puke.
- I usually don’t need to change my clothes b/c I am always in workout gear.
- I warm-up, stretch and workout.
Yesterday, I set out to workout superrrr late in the evening. Thank goodness for 24-hour gyms!
The gym was pretty empty late in the evening so my sister and my mom had total freedom in the place.
It’s hard to tell in the picture, but I was dripping with sweat. Who knew cross-training could be so hardcore?
- Document the workout otherwise it never happened. Also, I can plan out future workouts if I keep track of what I have already done for the week.
- I like to come home and do all of my physical therapy exercises.
Another important reason to photograph your strength training moves is to make sure you have correct form. Just by snapping a few pictures I was able to correct my squat form.
- I stretch and foam roll.
- Change my clothes and wash up. I hate sitting in sweat.
- And within 30 minutes post- workout I usually eat dinner if I am working out in the evening.
I try to keep my pre and post workout routines pretty simple, nothing too crazy.
What do you do before and after you workout?